81st edition of
BRINGING TOGETHER THE MACHEN COMMUNITY
We look forward to seeing you on the show field
on Saturday 6th July 2024
ABOUT MACHEN AGRICULTURAL SHOW
The agricultural show was founded in 1941 by the late Henry John and began as a gymkhana and horse show to raise funds for the Home Service Comforts Fund, a charity which helped troops serving abroad.
83 years later we're still hosting the show, which is still held every year on the first Saturday in July.
Find out how to reach our show ground in Machen by visiting our 'Getting There' page.
Schedule available here
The Chairman's Charity 2023
The Farming Community Network (FCN) is a voluntary organisation and charity that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people in farming and provide support at times of difficulty and change.
What does FCN do?
• FCN runs a confidential national helpline (03000 111 999) and e-helpline (firstname.lastname@example.org) which is open every day of the year from 7am-11pm.
• We offer local follow up and support through our volunteer groups to people who contact us for help
• In 2020 FCN and the other Wales Farm Support Group members launched the FarmWell Wales and FarmWell Cymru platforms, an online resource operated by FCN, with information about a wide variety of topics, from health and wellbeing to farm safety and business planning.
• FCN is increasingly involved in proactive work to support the farming community before people reach a point of crisis. This includes research, campaigns, the development of helpful publications, social opportunities, market and events attendance and other activities
• FCN encourages people to be ‘lookouts’ in their communities and provides mental health awareness training to individuals, organisations and corporate partners, helping to create a more resilient, understanding and supportive industry
• FCN’s volunteers provide free, confidential, pastoral and practical support to anyone who seeks help. We ‘walk with’ people, helping them find a positive way forward
• Whether the issue is personal or business-related, volunteers are there to help